Youth Advisory Council
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a youth committee consisting of four to seven C2i participants. The goal of YAC is for youth to build their leadership skills and to have a voice in developing and implementing all aspects of C2i’s strategic plan. YAC members are vital component in moving the organization’s mission forward through a youth’s perspective.
The youth group meets on a monthly basis or as needed to achieve the goals listed below:
- To develop youth’s leadership skills
- To develop youth’s problem solving skills
- To educate and empower Connections to Independence(C2i) youth to take ownership of the C2i program
The Youth Advisory Council does the following:
- Help with the planning of social activities
- Help to facilitate weekly independent living skills units
- Participate in youth leadership trainings
- Participate in C2i strategic planning sessions
- Attend annual National Foster Care Conference
- Help to develop relevant C2i programming units
Eligibility for acceptance into the YAC:
- Youth must be enrolled in C2i for a minimum of 60 days
- Youth must display a positive attitude and enthusiasm for C2i
- Youth must attend C2i programming on a regular basis
- Youth must have a 90% attendance rate at school
- Youth much maintain a 2.0 or higher GPA
Want to Join?
Fill out the form below to contact C2i about joining the Youth Advisory Council.