C2i Youth Internship Application
The Connections to Independence (C2i) Internship program gives our 18-21 youth the opportunity to gain positive employment experience in a career field. C2i internship sites are small businesses/community organizations that have the capacity to provide a nurturing learning environment, and have an understanding for the youth we serve. Each site offers part-time, unpaid internships during the summer months with the option to continue the internship throughout the year. Youth receive a “stipend award” based on hours worked and the grade on their monthly review from their site supervisor. The internship sites offer an amazing opportunity for youth to work in the areas of; health and wellness, radio, newspaper, non-profit, and community organizing.
Requirements for C2i youth participants:
- 18 years of age and in the program for a minimum of 3 months
- Completed the C2i Employment Readiness Training (ERT)
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and ability to work with C2i community partners
- Attends programming on a regular basis (to be determined by C2i Counselor and youth)
- Is on track with Independent Living Plan goals, especially academic goals
- Understands this is an UNPAID internship and stipends are only provided for youth with exemplary work ethic at the internship
Current and past community partners for the youth internships are: Center for Communications and Development (CCD) KMOJ, The Sanneh Foundation, Insight News,Inc, The Robbins Health and Wellness Center, and NOC-Neighborhoods Organizing For Change.
Do You Have Internship Opportunities?
Do you have an internship opportunity for a C2i youth? Click here to send us a message!